I was craving spicy food tonight…bad…Anything with salsa really lets be honet. But with summer approaching i’d rather not have all those carbs. Tonight I may have eaten the low-carb lovers dream… We all love Spanish inspired dishes and burgers, well my Jalapeno-Cream Cheese Stuffed Turkey Burgers will satisfy those cravings!
Jalapeno-Cream Cheese Stuffed Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup salsa (whichever you like)
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (feeling frisky? add more!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos (you know the kind you buy at the grocery store)
- 4 oz. “Greek” Cream Cheese and Greek Yogurt, softened
- Chicken stock
- Vegetable oil
- Salsa and lime infused sour cream for garnish!
Combine all ingredients except pickled jalapenos and cream cheese. Mix these with your hands until well combined and form into 4 small burgers.
In a separate bowl, whip with an electric mixer the cream cheese and minced jalapenos until combined. Put in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Indent each burger a bit and scoop a tablespoon sized ball of the cream cheese mixture inside. Cover the cream cheese with the surrounding burger mixture and re-form to a patty.
Sear these burgers over medium heat in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil for 3 minutes per side. Pour in about 1/2 cup of chicken stock and cover and simmer for 10 minutes. This allows the meat to cook through without burning and lets the cream cheese become extra melted and gooey!